02-302TLC FAMILY MEDICINE LONGITUDINAL CLERKSHIP
FAMILY & COMMUNITY MEDICINE
JENNIFER CLEM, MD
University Medical Center
850 Peter Bryce Blvd.
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
See Offering Dates
* * * WRITTEN APPROVAL REQUIRED * * * Acceptance into TLC2, successful completion of the first two years of medical school and USMLE Step 1.
No LCME students accepted.
No osteopathic students accepted.
In the family medicine longitudinal community clerkship, students develop a long-term relationship with family medicine preceptors who facilitate clinical learning experiences throughout the year. The clerkship emphasized comprehensive, continuity of care and introduces students to the profession of family medicine. Ideally, the student will gain an appreciation of the breadth of family medicine, pediatrics to geriatrics and nursing home, operative obstetrics to sports physicals and sideline care, ambulatory practice to hospital work, palliative care to minor surgery and office procedures.
Where To Report
Contact Brook Hubner: 205-348-1384 or email@example.com
To include but not limited to
- Attendance at all scheduled activities (clinics, rounds, lectures, etc.)
- Completion of patient writeups as assigned
- Completion of online cases as assigned
- Case presentations as assigned
- Completion of required patient encounters (patient log)
Clincal Component- 70%. NBME Shelf Exam- 30%.
UAB Web Pages Policy